Saturday, February 19, 2022

GOD wanted me to WRITE

 

Jeremiah 29:11

King James Version

11 For I know the thoughts 

that I think toward you, saith the Lord, 

thoughts of peace, and not of evil, 

to give you an expected end.


It's so obvious.

GOD wanted me to write.

From day one.

I used to joke I was born with a Remington typewriter, in my momma's womb.

Words called out to me all my life.

Read everything that had a word on it.

Read tons of books, night and day.

Used up all my money for books.

Where other girls could be found primping, and making themselves pretty, I'd be found at a bookshop.

Hangnails from searching for books that called to me.

Not eating the whole day, just in search of that one, elusive book.

Of course, I went home with a bag (or two) of books.

And when I didn't find what I was looking for, I'd sell my books.

So, I could buy more, duh.

Or I'd suddenly turn generous, and give it all away.


Writing was so easy for me.

It's no boast.

GOD created me to write.

He wanted me to write.

He had an end goal in sight.

Jeremiah 29:12

King James Version

12 Then shall ye call upon me, 

and ye shall go and pray unto me, 

and I will hearken unto you.


He knew I'd go searching, thus, the TONS of research.

Jeremiah 29:13

King James Version

13 And ye shall seek me, 

and find me, 

when ye shall search for me 

with all your heart.


He let me wander, make mistakes, knowing I'd come around.

Jeremiah 29:14

King James Version

14 And I will be found of you, 

saith the Lord: 

and I will turn away your captivity, 

and I will gather you from all the nations, 

and from all the places whither I have driven you, 

saith the Lord; 

and I will bring you again into the place 

whence I caused you to be carried away captive.


And I did, 29 months ago.

I finally focused on JUST HIS BOOK.

Next post will tell you all the signs that show I was destined to write for GOD.

If you care to see some reverse psychology, head over to the next post.


Tabs to click:

2022 articles

2023 articles

2024 articles

GOD's GLORY blogs

BLOOKS

blogs on WRITING

HUMOR

ADVENTURES


Related material:

What the Word of God Means to Me As a Writer

The HOLY SPIRIT's gift

The WORKMAN's mission

CHILDLIKE series


Image: Free Vector


Updated 6 February 2024


The WRITING continues

  Hebrews 11:6 King James Version 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him:  for he that cometh to God must believe that he is,  a...