Thursday, May 9, 2024

My FAVORITE subject

 

Isaiah 25:1

King James Version

25 O Lord, thou art my God; 

I will exalt thee, 

I will praise thy name; 

for thou hast done wonderful things; 

thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.


If having created 104 blogs is any indication of my LOVE for GOD, then I guess you have it.

PROOF of my adoration.

On the ONE, and ONLY GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

The GOD of Israel.

The GOD of those born again.

The GOD of those who believe in JESUS.

The GOD of my heart.

The ONE I constantly seek.

The ONE I write about, all day long.


Since GOD made me born again over four-and-a-half years ago, He's been my favorite subject.

He knew it would be so.

He knew, once I "found" Him, I won't look elsewhere anymore.

He knew, once I got to know Scripture, that's all I'd write about.

And GOD was right.

Then again, when was He ever wrong?


He reserved the BEST for last.

All worldly research didn't lead to Him.

Only the Bible led to Him, just so you know.

It's continued to nourish my soul each day.

It's the ONLY SOURCE of DEEP knowledge I'll ever touch now.

GOD's WORD is all we need in this world.


You will marvel at GOD's story, once your read the Bible.

You'll know many things about the LORD.

You will laugh, cry, fear, marvel, and worship Him.


GOD continues to love us.

No matter our many betrayals.

Only because He wants EVERYONE saved:

2 Peter 3:9

King James Version

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, 

as some men count slackness; 

but is longsuffering to us-ward, 

not willing that any should perish, 

but that all should come to repentance.


Speaking of repentance, that was the key.

For GOD to show up.

At least, for me.

The day I was aghast over my sins, swearing never to sin my old sins anymore, was the day heaven surely smiled.

JESUS said so:

Luke 15:7-10

King James Version

7 I say unto you, 

that likewise joy shall be in heaven 

over one sinner that repenteth, 

more than over ninety and nine just persons, 

which need no repentance.

8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver,

if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, 

and sweep the house, 

and seek diligently till she find it?

9 And when she hath found it, 

she calleth her friends 

and her neighbours together, 

saying, 

Rejoice with me; 

for I have found the piece which I had lost.

10 Likewise, I say unto you, 

there is joy in the presence of the angels of God 

over one sinner that repenteth.


Now that I've been saved (from my own filth, and ignorance), why would I ever want to go back to that old state?

I'm now a student of SPIRIT and a workman for GOD.

Where before, I was a student of universities, now, I'm a student of SPIRIT.

Studying GOD's laws, and prophecy.

Making sure I get it right.


Only SPIRIT can teach us about JESUS.

It's important we understand JESUS.

He taught us how to love GOD.

As only the "beloved Son" could.

Is there anything else that matters, if my favorite subject was GOD?

I must listen to JESUS, so He can teach me what pleases GOD.

And now, I know.

It's all about obedience.

John 14:15

King James Version

15 If ye love me, 

keep my commandments.


How can we not love GOD?

He sent us His Son, that we may be saved.

He has great mercy, longsuffering patience, and utmost love.

He loves both Jew and Gentile, just in case you think He plays favorites.

You can never accuse GOD of injustice.

Can we say the same of our leaders?

Can we say the same of our governments?

Can we say the same of our nations?

Can we say the same of each other?


There's so much to write about GOD, that we just keep writing each day.

I thought we'd stop at 100 blogs, but who's to contain the SPIRIT of GOD in me?

John 3:8

King James Version

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, 

and thou hearest the sound thereof, 

but canst not tell whence it cometh, 

and whither it goeth: 

so is every one that is born of the Spirit.


I've always liked justice.

I can't bear to see anyone being bullied, manipulated, or oppressed.

And now that GOD's truth, perfection, and holiness are being questioned, that gets me even more vigilant.

How can we challenge our Creator?

That would be insane.

As workman, I'm merely here to bring you back to Scripture.

The WORD of GOD is truth.

And it's all that will remain.

Related material:

On LOVING GOD

GOD's GLORY blogs

BORN AGAIN classics


TOP image by author

Purple flower image: Clipart Library


My FAVORITE subject

  Isaiah 25:1 King James Version 25 O Lord, thou art my God;  I will exalt thee,  I will praise thy name;  for thou hast done wonderful thin...