Sunday, September 1, 2024

The PUZZLING phenomenon

 Revelation 17:7

King James Version

7 And the angel said unto me, 

Wherefore didst thou marvel? 

I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, 

and of the beast that carrieth her, 

which hath the seven heads and ten horns.


Honestly?

I can't figure it out.

How many people go crazy over entertainers.

How many pack themselves in concerts.

How many sell their soul, to get a ticket.

How many defy their parents, and spouses, to attend one.

On the claims of loving the music.

Enjoying the moment, the "camaraderie".

Buying every conceivable merchandise.

Imitating their idols.

Fighting over them, for them, alongside them.

Woe to anyone who questioned their obsession.

In the meantime, idols bask in their fans' adulation.

Feeling so high up in the world, and in people's minds.

Walking like entitled kings, queens, princes, and princesses.


Where other look in awe, I simply can't.

I just see them as people.

Maybe, just rich, famous, or lucky.

Or yes, even a phenomenon.

Many want the same thing for themselves.

I couldn't imagine such a life for myself.

I always knew it came with a price.

True enough, it did.

Face, fame, and fortune always had a price.

Despite the accolades, many remained unhappy.

It was tough remaining on top.

Loyalties were flimsy.


Many got old.

Many got tired.

Many fell from grace.

Many couldn't handle the success.

Many quit, life-wise, and work-wise.

Many got into numerous relationships.

Many got into self-destructive behavior.

Many were cheated by their managers.

Many got "unseated" by younger, fresh-looking ones.


Why else the "botox" phenomenon?

Why else the search for "youth"?

Why else the vanity?


Only twice, I attended a "concert".

And they were both mini-concerts.


Once, at a gym, during college.

Featuring two famous local singers.

Both went on to become super-performers.


The other, at a cool, cozy pub.

Only because I was writing for a band.

They decided it was time for me to attend their show.


Apart from that, you won't find me at concerts.

ESPECIALLY mega concerts.

I find it dangerous.

You know what happens with crowds.

There's rampage, hysteria, some kind of trouble.

What more, during a heightened state.

For both performers, and viewers.

Many take mind-altering substances.

Many drink, dance, and party.

Emotions run high.

People go crazy.

People unwind.

They let go.


Somehow, I just couldn't seem to get into that.

Never did, never will, never could.

I simply had no desire for that.

I like having my mind together.

I like to be able to think clearly -- all the time.


I didn't need an "escape".

I was pretty happy with my books.

Boring to some, but exquisite for me.

I was always learning something new.

Most of my life, you'd find me at your "boring" libraries.

Studying, studying, studying.

Reading, reading, reading.

Trying to figure something out.

I purposely kept out of trouble.

My parents need not have worried I'd follow the wrong people.

I was ALWAYS looking for the RIGHT people.

Even if my life was a bunch of hits, and misses.


Who do I listen to?

What could they teach?

Is their stuff reliable?

Are they "authorities" in their craft?

I was always searching for something trustworthy.


That's why it's a phenomenon to me.

How people could band together like that.

Through concerts, parties, festivities, and such.


It's also a phenomenon how I'm not interested in such "bonding".

I did not long for such things.

I always had some creative work to do.


While I look around, observing how people lose themselves in it.

They claim they're having fun, enjoying themselves.

For how long?

Until they search for a new thing to occupy themselves with?

A new concert?

A new artist?

A new trend?

Isn't that a form of "addiction"?

Always looking for something "new"?

And with social media, the frenzy surged.

I sure am a strange creature.


And now, I know why.

GOD purposed me for something.

He wanted all that research for a purpose.

He knew I was always curious about things.

That I mentally "filed" my "research".

Knowing it would come in handy some day.

Which it truly did.

And I'm glad I stuck on the "path".

Even when I was still a sinner.


Five days from now, I'd have been born again FIVE years already.

In all that time, this is my only true concern:

1 Corinthians 2:2

King James Version

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, 

save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.


And this is the approach I've embarked on:

1 Corinthians 2:4

King James Version

4 And my speech and my preaching 

was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, 

but in demonstration of the Spirit 

and of power:


While this is the thing I hope for you:

1 Corinthians 2:5

King James Version

5 That your faith should not stand 

in the wisdom of men, 

but in the power of God.


I've always liked simplicity.

GOD simplified my life further.

Through the example shown by His Son.

JESUS lived a perfectly simple life.

Worshiping GOD alone.

John 17:4

King James Version

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: 

I have finished the work 

which thou gavest me to do.


John 17:6

King James Version

6 I have manifested thy name 

unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: 

thine they were, and thou gavest them me; 

and they have kept thy word.


John 17:8

King James Version

8 For I have given unto them 

the words which thou gavest me; 

and they have received them, 

and have known surely that I came out from thee, 

and they have believed that thou didst send me.


We've written about Dion, and Swift.

Linking their lives with GOD's WORD.

Maybe, there'll be other entertainers we'll cover.

Or other personalities SPIRIT may want us to look into.

As always, I wait for His instructions.


SPIRIT makes me look where other's don't want to look.

Or maybe are not aware of.

But this much I know --

JESUS is the ONLY ONE that appeals to me.

Even as I did not know it then.

But today, I do.


That's why we write.

We have TONS of material.

I don't look for outside entertainment.

It's always a MEGA-concert in my heart.

My heart sings, and dances, with GOD's TRUTH.

Which I must get to you -- quickly.

And you don't even have to pay me for it.

LOVE is a GIFT.

Given freely from the heart.

As JESUS taught us*.


*P.S.:

Again, the HOLY SPIRIT surprises me.

The "love JESUS taught us" was written on 1 September 2021.

EXACTLY three years today, I share the link again.

How could I have known that would happen?

That's how it is to work with SPIRIT.

Prepare for AWESOME stuff.

NEVER coincidences.

ALWAYS by design.

Who needs concerts?


Related material:

HEALING for Celine

A SWIFT destruction

On LOVING GOD

GOD's GLORY blogs

BORN AGAIN classics


The PUZZLING phenomenon

 Revelation 17:7 King James Version 7 And the angel said unto me,  Wherefore didst thou marvel?  I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, ...